is celebrated at all Masses:
- Saturday Vigil @ 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday Masses @ 9:00 & 11:00 a.m.
- Daily Mass: Tuesday & Wednesday* at 8:00 a.m. *
Wednesday Mass is celebrated with the school children when school is in session.
- Thursday & Friday at 9:00 a.m. except for First Friday of the Month Mass which is celebrated at 12 noon, followed by the Sacred Heart of Jesus Novena from October through June.
- Holy Days as announced
NOVENA TO OUR MOTHER OF PERPETUAL HELP
Follows 8:00 a.m. Mass on Tuesday in the Church. Join us for refreshments following the novena in the Parish Hall.
NOVENA TO THE SACRED HEART OF JESUS
Follows 12:00 noon Mass on the first Friday of the month, October through June.
Tuesday at 7:30 a.m., Thursday and Friday at 8:30 a.m., Saturday 3:00-3:45 p.m., and by appointment. Confessions are also heard at 11:00 a.m. on the first Friday of the month.
PLEASE CONTACT DEACON DAVID DAWSON AT 225-387-6671 BEFORE REGISTERING FOR A SEMINAR. Registered families of Sacred Heart Parish who wish to have a baby baptized must attend a pre-baptismal class. Non-parishioners are also welcome to sign up for the seminar in order to meet thier seminar obligation for a different parish. Please note the seminar may be cancelled if we do not have a registered Sacred Heart parishioner signed up. Preparation should begin at least 3 months prior to the desired Baptism date.
Preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation begins in the 11th grade. Requirements for registration are:
(1) the student must be a member of a family registered with Sacred Heart Parish;
(2) must participate weekly in Sunday Mass;
(3) the student must have had at least 10 years of on-going Religious Education through a Parish School of Religion or a Catholic school(*Please discuss this with Confirmation director if this is an issue); and
(4) the student must attend the mandatory Candidate/Parent meeting, along with one parent and COMPLETE participation in the preparation process.
following 11:00 a.m. Mass in the Parish Hall.
Pre-registration is required.
Couples should contact the Parish Office at 225-387-6671 at least six (6) months prior to the desired date and must complete the Marriage Preparation Program.
CARE OF THE SICK
Visits to the hospitalized and homebound are made regularly. Please contact the Parish Office at 225-387-6671 for the Anointing of the Sick or to receive Holy Communion.
Please call the Parish Office at 225-387-6671 prior to scheduling with the funeral home.