Baptism Seminar Registration
Parents who desire to have their children baptized need to be aware of the following requirements:
• The parents must be registered members of Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish.
• Baptisms are celebrated once a month. Some baptisms occur during Mass throughout the year, while most are celebrated after Mass.
• Parents will receive the Baptism date after completing the diocesan and parish requirements.
• At least one Godparent is required for each child; however, two is traditional.
• Only two people (one male, one female can serve as Godparents and be written into the official register.
• At least one Godparent must be a Roman Catholic in good standing who is over 16 years of age and has received the sacrament of Confirmation.
• Catholic Godparents must have a letter sent from their parish confirming their status as parishioners in good standing and their ability to serve in this role.
• If the second Godparent is not a Catholic, they are called a Christian Witness. These individuals must be baptized in their own faith and practicing their religion.
• Godparents cannot be the mother or father of the baby.
• If a Godparent cannot attend a baptism celebration, a proxy can stand for them, but the baptismal register will list the actual Godparent that has been selected.
Parents and Godparents must attend a seminar prior to scheduling the Baptism unless they have attended a seminar within the last 3 years.
Please complete the following information to register for a seminar. All Baptism seminars are held in the Parish Office Conference Room at 6:00 p.m.
4:00 p.m. (Rosary at 3:20 p.m.)
9:00 a.m. & 11:00 a.m.
Tuesday through Friday
First Friday of the Month Mass is at 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon
Tuesday through Friday 7:00 a.m.
First Friday 7:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
Saturday 3:00-3:45 p.m. and by appointment.