Baptism Seminar Registration
Parents who desire to have their children baptized need to be aware of the following requirements:
• The parents must be registered members of Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish.
• Baptisms are celebrated once a month. Some baptisms occur during Mass throughout the year, while most are celebrated after Mass.
• Parents will receive the Baptism date after completing the diocesan and parish requirements.
• At least one Godparent is required for each child; however, two is traditional.
• Only two people (one male, one female can serve as Godparents and be written into the official register.
• At least one Godparent must be a Roman Catholic in good standing who is over 16 years of age and has received the sacrament of Confirmation.
• Catholic Godparents must have a letter sent from their parish confirming their status as parishioners in good standing and their ability to serve in this role.
• If the second Godparent is not a Catholic, they are called a Christian Witness. These individuals must be baptized in their own faith and practicing their religion.
• Godparents cannot be the mother or father of the baby.
• If a Godparent cannot attend a baptism celebration, a proxy can stand for them, but the baptismal register will list the actual Godparent that has been selected.
Parents and Godparents must attend a seminar prior to scheduling the Baptism unless they have attended a seminar within the last 3 years.
Please complete the following information to register for a seminar. All Baptism seminars are held in the Parish Office Conference Room at 6:00 p.m.
9:00 a.m. & 11:00 a.m.
8:00 a.m. Novena to Our Mother of Perpetual Help follows.
8:00 a.m. with the school (when school is in session)
Thursday & Friday
9:00 a.m. (except on the First Friday of the Month when Mass is at 12:00 noon)
First Friday of the month
Mass & Novena to the Sacred Heart of Jesus at 12:00 noon.
Confessions at 11:00 a.m
Tuesday 7:30 a.m.
Thursday & Friday 8:30 a.m. (except the first Friday of the month)
Saturday 3:00-3:45 p.m. and by appointment.